SCUNTHORPE HARRIERS UPDATE
We are pleased to announce that as of 1st October 2021 our club has successfully transitioned to Scunthorpe Harriers A.C (SHAC). Please see below some updates from the committee :
1. Kit – We are currently working with potential suppliers on new club kit and hope to bring you more news on this through the coming weeks.
2. SHAC XC Open – we had planned for this event to be held on remembrance Sunday 14th November but unfortunately due to the venue being double booked we are looking for another suitable date. We will keep you updated.
3. Presentation/Social Evening – We plan to hold a presentation and social evening in the coming months and will find a date and venue for this once we have secured a date for the XC.
4. Tea/Coffee – we plan to provide tea and coffee free of charge to parents/carers on our training nights in the club house starting on Tuesday 19th October. It’s an ideal opportunity to keep updated with upcoming events, socialise and keep warm and dry.
5. Training fees and Payments – Just a reminder please that training fees to be paid ideally on the first of each month but no later than the 7th. Setting up a standing order if you can ensures that you don’t forget and saves our volunteers valuable time chasing payments.
Monthly fees must be paid each month regardless of sessions missed due to holidays, sickness, short term illness etc. In the case of long term injury, illness or other reason please get in touch with the committee so we can discuss agreeing to suspend the payment for an agreed period.
When paying subs please use the reference intial/s surname subs – eg. D Jones Subs or E, H, G Smith Subs (if more than one athlete). If making another payment for example for cross country league please ensure the reference is changed eg. D Jones XC. This makes it much easier for the treasurer to allocate payments.
6. VOLUNTEERS – We are currently looking for the following:
Treasurer – to replace Pete who wishes to step down due to personal reasons. Please contact us if you or anyone you know may be interested.
Vice Chair – Steve would like to step down from this role. Again please contact us if you are interested in joining the committee in this role.
Coaching/Assistant Coaches/Other roles – We are always looking for more people to get involved with the club. Please talk to us and get involved if you can it’s the only way we can move the club forward. We understand everyone is busy with lots of commitments, we are all the same but the more people we have onboard the easier and less work it is for each volunteer 😊.
Thank you for your continued support – SHAC Committee
SCUNTHORPE HARRIERS UPDATE